Hello! My name is Sam and I’m a wedding photographer based out of Austin, TX.
I’m a hopeless romantic! I’ve been (and still am) in an international long distance relationship for five years (lots of clocked in hours on Skype). My wife, who is also a photographer, and I just eloped (paper work takes time 🙂 )!
I really enjoy documenting weddings. It’s one giant puzzle of composing interesting images, telling family history, figuring out the optimal light, and just getting to know people. My passion is to keep pushing my art and create a timeless product you will still cherish 50 years from now.
I want to create honest photos that capture the realness of your relationships. I want to do more than tell a story, I want to capture the feelings and emotion of the day. I want to capture your quirkiness, your happiness, and the quiet moments in between.
I am beyond grateful that my job is to capture people in love and tell their journey.
“I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.”
― Pablo Neruda
Your Friendly Neighborhood Wedding Photographer,
Here are some random facts about me.
1. I went to The University of Texas and received a B.S. in Chemistry. I was a teaching assistant for Organic Chemistry Lab.
2. Before I found photography, I was a sushi chef. I think i’ve made enough California Rolls for a lifetime. Nothing teaches you about stress like a busy Friday night with a rack full of tickets.
3. To show that I am a hopeless romantic, I am currently in an international relationship with an amazing photographer from Canada. You know that airport welcome scene at the beginning of Love Actually, I live that every few months! Update: We eloped!
4. Years before Man vs. Food rage, I tried to eat a 72 oz steak at The Big Texan in Amarillo. It comes with the steak, a big baked potato, roll, shrimp cocktail and salad. 12 oz remained on the plate, I will have my revenge someday. P.S. Don’t ask to see the video.
6. I was born in Kansas. When I was nine, my mom got a job in El Paso and we moved there. I am so glad we did, it’s where I found my love of carne guisada, tres leches, churros and horchata.(If you can tell, I like food).
7. The past four years, I have become involved with the charity Extra Life. I played video games for 24 hours straight in 2012 and 25 hours 2013, 26 hours in 2014, 26 hours in 2015 and we have raised nearly $10,000 for the Dell Children’s hospital. And my parents said nothing special would come from gaming :).
8. I accidentally adopted a dog.
9. I am a major foodie, there is nothing I wouldn’t at least try once, except Soylent Green. P.S. Durian is not very good.
10. The real reason I became a wedding photographer, free cake :-).
Now that you know some randomness about me, I would love to get to know you, like your favorite ice cream flavor, your favorite movie, and how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop.