Hello! My name is Sam and I’m a wedding photographer based out of Austin, TX and Canmore, AB.
I’m a hopeless romantic that's in an international long distance marriage for almost eight years (lots of clocked in hours on Skype).
I really enjoy documenting weddings. It’s one giant Rubik's Cube of composing interesting images, telling family history, figuring out the optimal light, and just getting to know people. My passion is to keep pushing my art and create a timeless product you will still cherish 50 years from now.
I want to create honest photos that capture the realness of your relationships. I want to do more than tell a story, I want to capture the feelings and emotion of the day. I want to capture your quirkiness, your happiness, and the quiet moments in between.
I am beyond grateful that my job is to capture people in love and tell their journeys.
“I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.”
1. I went to The University of Texas and received a B.S. in Chemistry. I was a teaching assistant for Organic Chemistry Lab.
2. Before I found photography, I was a sushi chef. I’ve made enough California Rolls for a lifetime. This job taught me a lot about time management, and life, hence why I have a mackerel tattoo on me.
3. To show how much of a hopeless romantic, I am currently in an international relationship with an amazing photographer from Canada. You know that airport welcome scene at the beginning of Love Actually, I live that every few months! Update: We married!
4. Years before Man vs. Food rage, I tried to eat a 72 oz steak at The Big Texan in Amarillo. It comes with the steak, a big baked potato, roll, shrimp cocktail and salad. 12 oz remained on the plate, I will have my revenge someday. P.S. Don’t ask to see the video.
5. My favorite video games are Final Fantasy VI, MGS2, Tetris and A Link to the Past.
6. I was born in Kansas. When I was nine, my mom got a job in El Paso and we moved there. I am so glad we did, it’s where I found my love of carne guisada, tres leches, churros and horchata. (If you can tell, I like food).
7. The past seven years, I have become involved with the charity Extra Life. I played video games for 24 hours straight since 2012 and we have raised over $10,000 for the Dell Children’s hospital. My parents said nothing special would come from gaming.
8. We accidentally adopted a dog.
9. I LOVE to eat. There is nothing I wouldn’t at least try once. P.S. Durian is not very good (tried it three times).
10. The real reason I became a wedding photographer, free cake :-).